Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hello daddy!


It has been nearly a month since the last time I went back home.I found that I get used to the life in NCCU, and my homesick become more and more light. However, it does not mean that I do not care my family. The change means that a lot of things have filled my daily life, especially, in the first midterm for freshmen. Have to open the textbook again, deal with kinds of trivial thins, and sleep. Leave little time for my family. Last Sunday, my mom gave me a call, sharing something happened in home. Before she ended the call, she told me that” You should give Dad a call, he misses you very much.”

Indeed, I had not talked with my dad for a period of time. He is always busy in work. To not disturb his time of work or rest, I seldom call him. I think what he need is sufficient sleep, instead of listening to his daughter’s ordinary things, but the words my mom said reminded me the importance of communication with family. Therefore, today, I picked up the cell phone, dialed the phone, and said” Hello, Dad. ” His reaction to my unexpected call was a little shocked. Although in the short two-minute conversation we did not say much, I could still felt the warmth transmitted from the other end of the phone to me. November 20 was the day that I realized the importance of phoning my family because it can comfort me in the severe week of midterm.        

2 comments:

  1. This post really touches my heart.I think that everyone who study outside must have the same feels with you.When I come to this new school family too much and move in the dormitory, I did not miss my family too much.But after three months, I miss my home, my bed, my closet and all my family members.
    Last week. I came back to Kaohsiung and Tainan .I can not describe the feelings, but I can always feel that there are so many people support me no matter where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commutes every day from home to school, so I can see my family members every day. However, it is never too long to be with them. Sometimes when I get home, my parents are still working, or sometimes they are home but I am not. Acutually, we don't have much time to get together. Even though I can see them more frequently than you, I think we still have to find more spare time to communicate with our beloved.

    ReplyDelete