Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Day Missing You



November 5 is my grandmother’s 74th birthday. I really love my grandmother, and enjoy every moment with her company.Although my family does not live with her, we often go to the place she lives and talk with her, or just sit with her, watching her favorite drama together. 

Sadly, I missed this year’s opportunity to show my love and gratitude toward my grandmother. The reason was that I left for Taipei to start new my college life. Busy in mountains of difficult assignments, and various kinds of extracurricular activities, I could have little time to call back home. That was why I forgot my grandmother’s big day. Feeling sorry, I found that I often neglected to call back home leading to lose something ordinary but precious. As a student away from hometown, I often think of my family and sometimes feel lonely. But my grandmother lives alone as me, she spends most of her time alone, without children and grandson’s company. Even so, she still leads a fulfilled life. She does not make others worried about her, but is always worried about us. To relieve her worry, I think I should give her a phone call, give her late birthday wishes, and tell her that “I miss you, grandmother.”

1 comment:

  1. Life in some way is a puzzle. Relationships with people are the part which are assembled together with love to complete the puzzle of life. Among all kinds of relationships, the warmest part is from our close family. It is so nice for us to slow down our pace and look around the roles we are playing, so that we can be wise enough to cherish the relationships at the right moment without regrets.

    ReplyDelete